Monday, February 06, 2012

Doing Genealogy Daily

It is one thing to do some genealogy research daily; it is entirely another thing to blog about doing it, daily! I meant to blog daily about doing genealogy, because I knew I would be working on genealogy daily, however...I may revise that to a goal of blogging weekly about having worked on genealogy daily. Hmmm?

Today is Monday, 6 Feb 2012, and today I have been learning more about my father's uncle, Vice Admiral Stanhope Cotton Ring, USN. His brother, my grandfather was Rear Admiral Morton Loomis Ring, USN, Supply Corps. Uncle Stan was a Navy Pilot. 'Pretty amazing accomplishments in his record. I am looking for a Bob Fish who wrote a life sketch for my father's uncle in 2011.

If someone finds this blog while searching for Stanhope Cotton Ring, I hope they will check in with me.

Saturday is my regular shift at the Central Point Oregon Stake Family History Center. Maybe we are calling them FamilySearch Centers now. We have a facebook page. Here is a link to our FamilySearch Wiki page. CPOR FHC

I have watched DNA/Genealogy stories, but never thought I would have occasion to use it. A cemetery I was adding names to on findagrave.com had this story in the news from last year about DNA. DNA samples of unidentified bodies for possible futre matching?

I have a running To Do list in genealogy - stuff for my own family research, and stuff to do helping other people.... This weekend I tried to listen to sessions from the RootsTech 2012 Conference from rootstech.org.

If I do this once a week, I need to keep a better log of my activities. Maybe my commitment will be to blog ...more often.... Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home