Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I got called to work the Census finally.

Today was my last day working for the Census. I helped with Group Quarters Enumeration. It was very interesting, and of course, the people I worked with were very interesting, too. Census work is a strange business. I have sympathy for the managers trying to keep a workforce going. This is billed as part time temporary hire. I think they should advertise that it is good for people who like to volunteer, too. They wouldn't be also looking for full time permanent work on the side! I would be glad for the opportunity to work on the next phase. I look at it as a civic duty, to do what you can to help out. I hope all of you have filled out and returned your Census form, or a Census worker will have to come looking for you, and get paid for it :-D

The 1930 Census information is available to public view now. In about 70 more years, the 2010 Census information will be available.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Caroline Clemmons said...

I saw your link on Blogathon. I also love genealogy. It's addictive, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home