Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year's Celebrations

My own New Year's Celebrations have changed over the years. This year I celebrated with a dinner with two friends. It was very nice. I feel better about this coming year because of spending time with friends on New Year's Day. I am doing home work (taking a break right now) and will be doing homework for at least another 2 years! But that's Okay.I look at new Years celebrations not so much as the end of the past year as really looking forward to the next year, seizing opportunities, and growing, not in girth!, but in mirth, and worth. It's not - any excuse for a party - for me. It's an excuse for gratitude and showing that gratitude by what I am going to do with my blessings, magnifying talents, sharing insights. My Grandmother Grace's birthday was 15 Jan 1903. I wondered how she felt about her birthday so close to New Year's Day. Our grandson Conrad's birthday is 4 January. He has the same opportunity! New beginnings. What was that hymn we sang this morning? "Come Let Us Anew" - our journey pursue, Roll round with the year, And never stand still till the Master appear. His adorable will let us gladly fulfill, And our talents improve by the patience of hope and the labors of love. [Charles Wesley] I remember New Year's celebrations of alcohol and revelry, loudness and crudeness, that make me sad now. Staying up late to welcome in the new year - yes, with loved ones and thanksgiving. That's the way to go. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home